Habitual Traffic Offenders
Orlando and Central Florida Traffic Crime Defense Lawyers. The Law Office of Joe Castrofort, PLLC Provides Aggressive and Professional Criminal Defense Attorney Legal Services in Orlando, Orange County, Seminole County, Osceola County, and throughout Central Florida.
Call 407.233.0557 to Speak with an Orlando and Central Florida Traffic Crime Defense Lawyer at The Law Office of Joe Castrofort, PLLC.
A “habitual traffic offender” according to Florida Law is any person whose record, as maintained by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, shows that such person has accumulated the specified number of convictions for offenses described in subsection (1) or subsection (2) within a 5-year period:
1) Three or more convictions of any one or more of the following offenses arising out of separate acts:
- Voluntary or involuntary manslaughter resulting from the operation of a motor vehicle;
- Any violation of statues relating to Drinking and Driving under the influence of Alcohol, Illegal Drugs, or Controlled Substances;
- Any felony in the commission of which a motor vehicle is used;
- Driving a motor vehicle while his or her license is suspended or revoked;
- Failing to stop and render aid as required under the laws of this state in the event of a motor vehicle crash resulting in the death or personal injury of another; or
- Driving a commercial motor vehicle while his or her privilege is disqualified.
2) Fifteen convictions for moving traffic offenses.
If a person is deemed to be a habitual traffic offender by a traffic court or criminal court judge, the court has the authority to suspend or revoke the individual's drivers license for s specified period of time in accordance with Florida Law.
The Law Office of Joe Castrofort, PLLC possesses thorough knowledge regarding all State and Federal laws regarding DUI Defense and other Criminal Traffic Defense issues, and has the experience to effectively employ this knowledge in the defense of your Criminal Traffic Defense legal matters.
Protect your rights by seeking the legal advice and representation of an experienced Orlando Traffic Crime Criminal Defense Attorney / Lawyer.
Call 407.233.0557 to Contact an Orlando and Central Florida Criminal Traffic Defense Lawyer at The Law Office of Joe Castrofort, PLLC in the Orlando, Orange County, Seminole County, Osceola County, and throughout the Central Florida area.